For many brands and not just for dropshipping stores on Shopify, the shopify contact page is a defining page. It’s more than a side page to fill with generic “just because” content. The content on this page fills a number of roles ranging from improving organic search marketing to setting the tone for your brand and what it stands for We will see how to add a Shopify product page. We’ll also look at what these pages are, the anatomy of an “About Us” page, and tips for making sure your “About Us” page is helping turn visitors into customers.
What is a Shopify contact page and its importance?
An “About Us” page is a collection of information about your Shopify store that focuses on key selling points or your brand’s story. It also showcases your unique selling position, tells a story, and aims to make a lasting impression with customers who want to know more. It also helps to reassure and show your face, an identity that exists and that avoids thinking that your site is a scam.
Buyers who don’t know your brand want to know more about who they’re giving their money to. Trust is a big factor in shopping online and you better believe that a customer will do their research if they are worried about shopping with a new brand.
In fact, 52% of visitors to a brand’s home page will use the “About Us” page to learn more about a business.
A potential customer should be able to view your About Us page in Shopify and use that information to make a buying decision with confidence.
What should the “About Us” page contain?
The content of a shopify contact page varies widely, as companies and industries are different. Your audience, your personality and that of the owner, your products, your industry, etc. are all factors that determine the content of your legal Shopify page.
That said, there is a strategic approach to building a good shopify contact page for e-commerce. For the latter, you want your content to meet a number of goals:
- Communicate your brand’s story.
- Summarize your brand’s business model.
- Humanize your brand with your faces and those of your team.
- Use persuasive and engaging content.
- Describe your ideal client and how you will help them.
- Show the benefits of working with you to improve customer confidence.
What you include will vary, but keep in mind that visitors expect to find certain types of information. In fact, a study by Huff Industrial Marketing asked respondents to analyze the strengths of brand content that impact credibility . While many of the content listed can and should be included on a “shopify contact us page”, note that “about team information and bios” is rated somewhat or very important when compared to other content. Visitors want to know who you are!
When creating your Shopify contact page, make sure that your audience doesn’t just get to know you, but also know why they should buy from you. So and in my opinion, the most important criteria to add this page which is mandatory are:
- To put a video or an image of you, your local, your team.
- Tell why you started this business.
- Show testimonials and how you have changed the lives of your clients.
Creating a shopify contact page is a guarantee of your image and the bond of trust that you establish with your customers.
How to add a Shopify contact page?
To add an “About Us” page to your Shopify store:
- Step 1 : Log into your administrative dashboard.
Go to your admin dashboard by going to the Shopify account login page. Enter the login information you used when setting up your store. Enter your login credentials.
- Step 2 : Click on “ Online Store ” from the left menu. When you click on this option, the administrative navigation of your store opens. Click on the “Pages” link in the navigation to see your current store pages and to add new pages. Click on the “Pages.
- Step 3 : Click on “Add a page”. If you’re creating your first “About Us” page in Shopify, click the blue “Add a Page” button to open the new page creator. Click the blue “Add Page” button to open the new page creator.
- Step 4 : Add your content and give your page a name. Clicking on “Add a page” opens the visual editor. This editor has limited functionality with only a few fields that you can use to create your shopify contact page.
- Step 5 : Save the page. When you’re done adding content, be sure to click “Save” at the top to avoid losing your work. If you leave the visibility “Visible”, your content will be considered live when you click “Save”. Note that if you don’t put a link to the page, for example in your menu, visitors will not be able to easily access this content. However, search engines can still index the content and display it in organic search even if it isn’t related to your menu.
- Step 6 : Add the page to your menu. In order for your “About Us” page in Shopify to be visible to visitors, you need to add it to your menu. To do this, add your new page to your menu. Click on Navigation in the left menu. Click on the menu you want to change. This is usually the “Main Menu”. Click on the menu. In the menu page, you will see the menu items currently visible in your navigation. Click “Add Menu Item” to add a new link or page to your store’s main menu.
This way, you will get a page about us where our story is present in the header menu, so at the top. You can do the same by repeating the operation for the footer menu at the bottom of the page.
Shopify contact page: How to succeed in writing?
Many dropshipping players do not know how to write the “About us” page. They ignore the importance of this page and therefore add clumsy and unimportant information. It’s no longer a secret when it comes to how important this page is to your prospect conversion. The content of said page having been defined, all that remains is to reveal the writing technique.
How to find a source of inspiration?
If you do not know where to start and where to end, it is, therefore, easier to browse the “About Us” page of actors in the same field of activity as you. Do not hesitate, go to the page of your competitors in particular to get a precise idea of the essential information to provide in your sector. You will be able to identify the strategic information to put on your page to make you stand out. Analyze the writing style of your colleagues to know if such a style is right for you or not. You have the option of browsing the pages of actors who are generally innovative or creative. It could be a real springboard for your own inspiration.
Define a presentation
To successfully present your online sales business, you just need to do a simulation. In other words, put yourself in the shoes of consumers and feel that you ended up on the Shopify contact page of a company in the same domain. What then is the information you will need in order to give the said business credibility. On the basis of what kind of information would you have had the necessary confidence and immediately place your order?
Such an exercise is necessary in order to better orient the presentation on a Shopify contact page. Also emphasize what your business brings that is more relevant than those of others. This added value can make the difference and generate unexpected traffic. Also make the client understand his interest in partnering with your company by clearly showing what he gains in particular with you. Present in a very precise and concise way the essentials about you that enhance you and can reassure.
Promote the potential of the company through the shopify contact page
Take stock of your strengths in order to convince more easily. Now is the time to make people understand the length of your professional experience if you have had any. For example, talk about the expertise acquired in certain specific sectors of your field of activity and your distinctions at the local, national or even international level. Such illustrations cannot leave any Internet user indifferent. Use your customers’ satisfaction comments to expand the “Testimonials” section. Also share said comments with the identifiers (names, photos and others) of the interested parties to clearly provide proof of the authenticity of the opinions. This can make it easier for an internet user to make a decision.
Make a brief history of the company
Bringing an emotional touch to the work done so far will be of interest neither for you nor for the Internet user. To do this, inform about your motivation to open a store such as yours. Tell about the circumstances of this decision (is it a childhood dream, a special passion, a special triggering fact, and others). Also, specify the reasons for your choice of the type of article marketed. Relate the anecdote in the right tone and sometimes with a little humor. The Internet user must be able to find himself through your story otherwise, he will remain indifferent, which is absolutely not desired. It is then a “storytelling” that is generally catchy and therefore remains etched in the memory of the Internet user for a long time.
Speak directly to customers
Gather all of your customers’ concerns and provide answers. To do this, pay attention to recurring questions. Identify the topics that feed customers’ attention and sometimes anticipate in order to fully enlighten them. Use the appropriate communication register to get the message across.
Allow the user to go far
Your main objective is to get the Internet user to place an order on your site. To do this, offer him possibilities on your page with concrete proposals. The links are also real alternatives in this direction. They make it possible to direct the Internet user to pages that are likely to really interest him. Then insert links of this kind in order to achieve this objective. In this regard, several techniques are used, namely:
- Subscribe to our newsletter – subscribe to our newsletter etc.
- Discover our new collection.
Enrich the Shopify contact page with visual elements
The visual is an essential parameter to take into consideration. It is the essential element that motivates the Internet user to read the content of your Shopify home page. A successful visual must be able to make the reader want to go beyond by reading pleasant content. Compared to the latter, it is necessary to ventilate the text by separating the paragraphs with precise and concise titles and sub-titles. Illustrate content with crisp photographs. Do not hesitate to call on photography professionals who will support you. Be very professional on the Shopify contact page because it is the mirror of what you are and do. It generates the first impressions of the Internet user. Therefore, no error will be allowed.